Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

On Wednesday morning I will be heading to the airport ready for the vacation I've been desperately needing for the past two years. The one thing I will not be thinking about as I hit up Sea World, Daytona, and where ever else my friend and I find ourselves is my novel.

Oh and work of course. Yeah, definitely will not be missing that place. (And if my boss is reading this I still heart you.)

When I get back from this epic vacation, my head will be cleared and the big portion of my novel (I only have 24K - I had way more, but then I decided to go back to my original storyline and everything changed) will be ready and willing for me to tackle it so I can meet that dumb fake deadline I gave myself - August 28th.

BUT before I head out Wednesday morning, I do want to try and squeeze in 10K. I don't know if this will be possible, but I'm going to give it a spin. Let's face it. Even though I say I won't be thinking about my novel, I still packed a notebook in my suitcase just in case an idea or two or twenty pop into my head.

I also added a few songs to my ever growing playlist:



When I heard the lyrics:

You always did kind of drive me crazy and pissed me off ‘cause I let it faze me
But I never wanted my time with you to end


I knew this was a Memphis song.



This complicated song of letting go but not wanting to let go is so.Augustus (better known as Gus in her hometown and YES she's a girl with a dude's name)



It's come to my attention any Gaslight Anthem song lately reminds me of Kaden. This one for some reason just keeps catching my ear.



Driving down the road, this song came on, and an idea for Conner just popped in my head.

That's all folks! Have a great week and hopefully my next post will be me bragging at my huge bump in word count.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.