Monday, March 26, 2012

Bucket List: Sing Karaoke

Last Saturday I went and celebrated my friends Cathryn and Thomas's 5 year wedding anniversary. The night was filled with tons of barbecue, music, drinks, loads of laughs, and definitely some great memories.

Oh, and karaoke.

As much as I love music, the Lord did not bless me with the voice to carry a tune. I've always wanted to do karaoke. I even put it on my bucket list I've been doing via Pinterest. I'd never in a million years have the guts to sing in front of a bar of strangers. Even Cathryn pointed that out to me during the night, but get a drink in me (I am such a light weight!) in a friend's backyard surrounded by people I've known most of my life, and I become this crazy singing fool. 

And it was a BLAST!

That'd be me in the Stones shirt. I think this was during "Jackson" and there was a whole lot of leg-slappin' going on.
I can't remember how many songs were sang. There was a lot because we went on for a couple hours. I know we did Jackson, the most horrific version of Bootylicious anyone has ever heard in their lives, Free Bird, I Feel Good, Friends In Low Places, and towards the end of the night Cathryn and I sang Her Eyes in memory of our friend Jamie who passed away a year ago this month. 

I may never have the guts to sing some karaoke again, and probably will be told never to do so once the videos of that night come out, but I am so glad I finally get to cross that one off my bucket list!

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! I definitely make people croak when I attempt singing, ha ha! But I could totally get up with a group of friends and belt my little heart out :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.