Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I wish I could say I'll be out shooting fireworks tonight and dancing around the yard with sprinklers, but due to the dry weather we're all waiting for a massive rain before that will be happening. I did, however, go to the lake last weekend for an early 4th of July celebration! I had a blast hanging out with my family and friends even in the triple digit heat weather. It was too hot to be out on the boat, but we hung out at the pool, watched the parade (which consists of everyone decking out their golf carts), had a bbq at a friend's camper, and watched the fireworks later that night!

The camera decided to poop out on us so the only picture I snapped besides the beautiful lake you can see here is my brother-in-law at his finest in the parade. If you're thinking he reminds you of Larry the Cable Guy you'd be correct on that.


But on the more serious note, 4th of July isn't just about fireworks and get-togethers, it's the celebration of our freedom. Though this country has a lot of issues and a lot of things that wrong with it, there is a lot of good too. I'm reminded of a few things today like how I am allowed to believe in God and go to the church of my choosing, as a woman I can wear what I want in public and never have to hide my face, I can speak my opinion even though sometimes it may not be the best thing, and I can pursue so many dreams that I want to have in my life. I think sometimes, especially with how things are at this moment, we forget how lucky our lives are here and how thankful we should be for all the service men and woman who are keeping and have kept that freedom for us. If you are one of those fine people, thank you thank you thank you.

I hope you all have a very fantastic (and safe) day of freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.