Sunday, October 7, 2012

gluten-free breakfast ideas

I started trying to keep a semi gluten-free lifestyle since June. When I fall off the wagon, I can tell. Like last night I was at my friend's reception (she was a beautiful bride!!), and there were so many yummy things in miniature size that I dove right in. Today? Bloated, bloated, and a little cramped.

The worst is that's how I've been eating here lately. Letting small amounts of gluten in has never been a big deal. When it comes to breads and pastas - forget it, but other things that have gluten like baked goods, I've nibbled on....fine. More than nibbled. I can tell a big difference in how I feel and how I look. Did you know your digestive system does play a role in acne? Yep. Back when I was having massive stomach issues I would have tons of acne on my chin and on the sides. Turns out that part of your face is due to hydration and  digestive. Since I've been a gluten eater, my chin (along with my stomach) has taken a blow.

I went to the Holy Grail aka Pinterest and wanted to start looking for ideas. Boy, did I find TONS! But who would expect less? You can find anything on that site. Here are some breakfast ideas I plan on trying over the next couple weeks to spice up my lovely oatmeal (oats do not bother me, but they do bother some who have gluten intolerance) and turkey bacon breakfast.

Are you a g-free eater? How do you mix up your breakfast? Feel free to post links or even recipes in the comments. I'd love to hear your ideas!


1 comment:

  1. I want to make ALL OF THESE! I should try Gluten Free... Try.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.