Sunday, October 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012. Bring. It. On.























There is just something so amazing about NaNoWriMo.
You're able to meet other writers.
You can cheer each other on via the boards, blogs, twitter, and facebook.
It gives this idea you can CONQUER THE WORLD.

Sometimes it fizzles out.
Sometimes you have no idea what you're doing.
What you even wrote twenty pages ago.
But that's okay.

NaNoWriMo gives people who never thought about writing a book a chance.
It gives those who have written a book or many books the chance to do it all over again.
It gives back a spirit.
Especially to me. 

I am a girl who has always dreamed of being an author.
I am a girl who has seemed to have lost her motivation.
Lost her characters.
Her ideas.
And seemingly has lost her mind.

That's the beauty of NaNoWriMo.
It gives the umph to get back in the game.
To stare at this blank bulletin board and know.














Know that I want it back.
And I know I'm going to get it back.

50,000 words.
30 days.
A young adult story about a cult.
A handful of characters with barely any names.
And an idea that I have no clue where its going.

I'm ready for ya, NaNo. 

Bring. It. On.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Excited to see you'll be doing NaNo again. I'm hoping to actually get to 50,000 words this year. Heh. Gonna try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing a little summin' summin' on my blog about NaNoWriMo. Haven't written crapola in forever ago on the blog but figured that NaNo was a good way to start. Good luck my chick and we have to make writing nights!! WE HAVE TO DO THIS!.... HAVE TO!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.