Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sister Road Trip: The Best Hotel You'll Ever Stay At

I decided to make a separate post about the awesome and amazing Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville that we stayed at. I've stayed at some nice hotels before, and I was pretty sure the Disneyland Hotel with all it's awesome Disney-ways would always be my favorite, but the Gaylord was so freaking gorgeous and had a bed made of Heaven that it's totally bumped Disney out of running place.

BUT we did have a slight problem with the heat kicking on in the middle of the night. The first night it happened, I couldn't find my pants (the cleaning lady found them for me the next morning) so I stayed under the covers when the maintenance guy showed up. Strangely enough, he looked just like our cousin Jamie. My sister was all whispering it to me (she had pants on) and I peeked my head out from the covers to confirm it. If I had a camera handy, I would have taken a picture. The next night, the heat kicked on sometimes towards the morning. We called maintenance again, they fixed it while we were at the Spa (having a Swedish massage, pedicure, and a hair blow out) (!!). When we checked out they did knock money off of our bill for the inconvenience.

The hotel itself is like a little village. I didn't take pictures of every area, but I did take a ton of the main floor.










We didn't stay in the balcony rooms. I felt like a total peeper walking by when guests had their doors open, but I had to see what the difference was in rooms! From what I saw, they were basically the same except they had the cool balcony.


At night, the whole place was lit up in white lights. 

And it was super pretty, but none of the pictures came out that great. 

While walking around the hotel, I sometimes felt like I was in the movie Bi-Dome, and almost expected Bud and Doyle to be busting a jig out in the middle of the walkway.


Sadly, it never happened.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful hotel! It reminds me of a hotel I stayed at in Grapevine, Texas once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hotel looks too cool for words, I drove through Nashville a couple months ago on my trip from LA to NYC, but will have to check it out next time! How fun that you had a a road trip with your sister...always makes for a fun adventure! Cute blog and I hope you have a Happy Memorial Day weekend!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures.....lovely blog....really cute


    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! I love staying at hotels :).

    Hope you have a fun weekend! ;)

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... those trees look great under that ceiling.It's hard to describe, but the trees match that hotel excellently. Anyway, a road trip is nice -- doing it alone and driving your car feels kinda adventurous, but it's best when you've got someone to share the memories with!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.