Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Just Another Music Monday

A few songs I am loving at the moment.....


Hands - JJ Heller





I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine


Side Note: I discovered this beautiful song yesterday which was perfect since I had missed going to church that morning. I hadn't heard of this artist before, but I'm going to check more of her stuff out ASAP




Tonight - Seether




I’m not gonna waste this
This opportunity’s mine
I’m sick of complaining
About a beautiful life

How did we get here?
Did we forget all the things inside?
And how do we stay here?
Do we embrace all the things denied?

Side Note: When the album first came out, this was my least favorite song. Now? I can't stop listening to it! Only 15 more days until I see the in concert - whooty whoot!

Sweet Dream - Greg Laswell





If I could write out my own dream
For the next time that I sleep
You'd be the first one that I see
And I the last one that you keep

And the dream would go on and on
While we sway against all things thrown our way
And the morning would be so cruel
When it came with sunshine and warmth to blame
For announcing the end of my sweet dream
For announcing the end of my sweet dream

Side Note: I love the melody to this. It makes me want to write. It's really short, but so so good. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of any of these songs, but I like them :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.