Saturday, November 10, 2012

And on the 10th day of NaNoWriMo, I really loose my mind.




I had been slacking majorly when it came to my cult story idea for NaNoWriMo. I barely reached over 7K on the 7th day. In my mind the most logical thing to do was to keep fighting it. Try to write this story that was  like pulling teeth. On the 8th day, I told my writing buddy Cheryl that I couldn't do it. This story was just not in me even though I thought it was.

So, I've switched my story up. On the 10th day of NaNoWriMo, I'm starting ALL OVER. Crazy? Yes. Will it get done? I have no idea. Can I even write anymore? Of course. Am I torturing myself because I've decided to tackle my baby novel, Gus? Yes. Yes. Yes. This time I'm going for a young adult novel again. More so because I need to know how her life was her senior year of high school.  All the events that lead up to the one reason why she took off running from her home town. Maybe if I can really figure it out, I can write the story that has been brewing around in this head of mine since 2008.

Or I could just go freaking crazy and dump it again. You know, whichever happens to go first. 

How is your NaNoWriMo going? Stuck in a rut? Wanting to pull your hair out yet? 

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try NaNoWriMo, but feel like I don't have enough time. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.