Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Just Another Music Monday

Tomorrow is a huge day guys because tomorrow I'm going to go see FREAKING SEETHER!! I would go into my big spill of why I love this band so much, but I'll just save all of that after the concert after I MEET THEM!! That's right. VIP passes, baby!

(And when I say tell you the big spill, I'm pretending here that y'all care so deeply about why I love them.)

To celebrate my anti-ci-pation (saying it like Dr. Frank N' Furter) of FINALLY being able to see them in concert (I've only been trying to do this for the past three stinkin' years), here are my Top 10 Seether songs that I've been jammin' out to for the past few days:


10. Jessie's Song 
(Cover - Full Throttle Garage Show): 
From a phone booth in Vegas, Jessie calls at 5 A.M.
To tell me how she's tired of all of them
She says, "Baby I've been thinking about a trailer by the sea
We could go to Mexico, you, the cat, and me
We'll drink Tequila and look for sea shells,
Now doesn't that sound sweet?"
Ah Jessie you always do this every time I get back on my feet


 9. Pass Slowly
(Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray)
I think it’s time for a change
Cause things feel out of touch
And I watch you walk away, again
Well this feels like too much
(Can you take it away?)
And things won’t go my way
Now I’ll have to fade away, my friend

8. Walk Away From the Sun
(Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces)
Walk away from the sun, come slowly undone

I can see in your eyes I've already won
I could bleed for a smile, I could cry for some fun
Walk away from the sun, and tell everyone

7. Gasoline
(Disclaimer II and One Cold Night)
Last night I saw that beauty queen
Watched her paint her face on
I wanna be that magazine
That she bases life on
I wanna waste her monthly blood
Wanna get some on my love
Wanna get some gasoline
And burn the house down

6. Dead Seeds
(Holding Onto Strings Better Left to Fray)
Hey I wish I could find a way to turn this around
But if I play God than everything just goes to seed
And as I say this I hope that you can hear me bleeding out
Oh God I hate this I'm all alone and beaten down
So turn that focus back off me now
And go get your broken mirror
(Disclaimer II and my favorite: iTunes Session)
I feel the dream in me expire
and there’s no one left to blame it on
I hear you label me a liar
‘cause I can’t seem to get this through
You say it’s over, I can sigh again, yeah
Why try to stay sober when I’m dying here


4. Yeah
(Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray)
Don’t go gently into the night

But keep on fighting as the light dies
A wise man knows that the dark’s right
But will keep on coming, keep on coming on
Some will tell you that it’s all right
The sun is burning in a dead sky
But you can’t keep living in a broke mind
So keep on running, keep on coming on

3. Cigarettes
(Disclaimer II)
They suck you in like cigarettes
While hanging you out to dry, yeah
Making you feel like a hypocrite
because you cannot lie, yeah
You are the reason we will never be set free
We wanna be like you- we wanna be so cool
Just like you

2. The Gift 
(Karma and Effect)
And I'm out of reason to believe in me
I'm out of trying to get by
I'm so afraid of the gift you give me
I don't belong here and I'm not well
I'm so ashamed of the lie I'm living
right on the wrong side of it all


1. Sympathetic 
(Disclaimer II and One Cold Night)

The same old feelings are taking over 
and I can’t seem to make them go away 
And I can’t take all the pressure sober, 
but I can’t seem to make it go away 
The same old feelings are taking over 
and I can’t seem to make them go away 
And I can’t take all the pressure sober 
(I can’t make it go away. I can’t make it go away)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's awesome! How cool that you have VIP passes!

    Have an incredible time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.