Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wannabe Writers #53

It's been a while since I've done Wannabe Writers! I've been trying and trying to get back into the groove of writing. One thing I was scared was that school and work were going to get in the way of writing, and it has. I shouldn't let it be my excuse, but I am straight up exhausted most of the days to figure out how to form a sentence.

I've pretty much dropped Fairy Tale and The Unexpected Clash of Strangers for now. I'm not for sure what it is about Gus's story that makes me so hell bent on finishing (almost 3 years now!), but it's taken over my brain so I've been plotting it out once again. I think I may have a solution for a big part of why the story wasn't flowing right. There is so much back story that is essential so I'm really, really wanting this idea to work so it doesn't lag the entire novel down. But when I talk about Gus, she gets stubborn on me so mum is the word or however that saying goes for a while until things start to move along.

Then there is the other story that came to me last month that involves a cult. It's totally different from my normal type of writing. I blame it on the hype of the crazy guy who said the world was going to end May 21st and watching Criminal Minds (when the episode wasn't even about a cult, btw.) I'm kind of bouncing back and forth between the two. I dunno how anyone can stick to one story at a time though I kind of wish my brain worked that way.

And on top of all of this *waves hands around* I am contemplating taking an online writing course through Gotham next month, but I'm scared that it may just be too much on my plate. Some of the girls at work told me to wait until this semester is over since I'm having a hard time balancing things. (Hai there Pharmacology, A&P, Medical Transcription, and Medical Terminology.) I know that would be the smart move, but at the same time, I just have this itch that maybe this will help me big time in writing and I miss writing so freaking much!!

So yeah. That's my update on writing. My question this week for everyone is:

How's your writing going?

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to get back into the groove of things. I took a week or two off, stewing over things. Now, I'm picking up again on the story, and should be close to finishing. (This is my 2nd novel, the first one is shelved.)

    Keep it up! Hopefully, you will have more time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.

    Two things. One: I just started watching Criminal Minds and now I can't stop, and it seems like there is always an episode on somewhere. I am addicted!

    Two: This blog is so interesting! It's so cool that you're a writer. I sort of am too, except I write mostly goofy poems. I look forward to seeing what you come up with though, because I think writers are the coolest people ever!

    I hope you have a great night!

    -Katie, www.hazelandmare.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - they make me feel special. Plus I will think you are awesome if you do leave one. Seriously. You are awesome.